Welcome

Friday 21 September 2012

evaluation of "its good to talk"

                                                                  EVALUATION

Throughout this task I found it fun and really exciting to make enjoyed working as part of a team which then give me the skills of trying new and different things as we all took it in turns to edit film and take pictures. We put together our documentary by getting photos creating new posters and interviewing people to find out what they would be like without a phone and weather they use it on an everyday basis.
 
the thing that went well in my group was that we all worked together as a team and come up with creative ideas for example I came up with the background jack came up with who we could film and Andrea came up with were we could film it, so all of our good ideas come together to make one really good documentary.
 
I did an evaluation on my documentary I made and found out that if I was to do the documentary again I would defiantly change a few things and the way I did some things.

For example
I think I could of had more cut always to back up more information, if I did it again I would make sure I got plenty more photographs so I could choose which ones I was going to use instead of just using the ones that I had as I didn’t have many.
 
I would definitely recommend using a tripod as when I and my group filmed we didn’t use one we forgot all about it so therefore are interview was very shaky as it was all hand held.
The framing we used was wrong as we placed her in front of good meson-scene but we didn’t sit her on the right side so she looked like she was on a funny angle she looked like she was talking to someone of the screen. So I would definitely change the framing of the shot if I did this task again
in our documentary we put music at the beginning and at the end instead of all the way through which made the interview nice and clear but there still should of been a music bed so if I did the task again I would create a music bed and fade it out slowly when she was talking and then ad it back in especially for the cutter ways.

I would also change the way we set out are cutter ways as I would make the cutter ways relevant to what she was talking about in the interview for example when she was talking about her ring tone then I would add a picture of music of something to do with her ringtone rather than just a picture of a mobile phone.

I also didn’t add any graphics witch I forgot all about because graphics are needed in most documentaries to tell the audience who is who and tell them what is going on its like a story line in a book etc.

And I could have played the ringtone whilst she was talking about her ringtone. To add abit of humour into the documentary!

On the flip side I and my group worked really well together and we did do some really good cuter ways to explain things we took some still images and cross faded them in.
Our interview went really well as well apart from the framing we also found a fun bubbly happy person to interview so she was really good for the documentary plus she has a really soft and clear voice so it went really well with the documentary.

our Miocene was really good as well as we decided to make a big poster full of phones to interview are person in front of, it was good because it told the audience what we were going to and what we were talking about, the pictures were good as it looked like we were sitting in a professional place.

the lighting we used was also natural lighting which is good because it looks like we haven’t set it up and it is also good for the filming so you can see the person we are filming properly and it does not affect the camera work.

My favourite part of the documentary is when at the beginning it introduces the audience with our title get smart it is a ringtone sound and it opens the whole thing. This was good because we edited the song lady gaga to make it sound like a ringtonE
 
 
 
overall working on this task I learnt allot of new skills of how to edit and what things I have to include in a documentary and I also think I could make a documentary on my own and use all of the soft ware as now I have had plenty of practise on it I find it allot easier to use.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment